Items to be presented to DPS

After completing testing with us, students must have the following on hand to present to the Texas Department of Public Safety:

  1. "Original" birth certificate issued by the county, with a stamped seal"NO COPIES" or hospital versions will be accepted. A Texas ID Card can substitute for a birth certificate. NOTE: If a student is born outside the U.S., you must supply a passport with a U.S. Visa, a resident alien card, or citizenship papers. A foreign birth certificate is not accepted by the state.  
  2. Original Social Security card. No copies will be accepted. A printout from Social Security Office is no longer accepted.  
  3. $6 to pay for having a picture made if you are under 18 years of age. $25 if you are over 18 years of age.   
  4. DE964 and T.E.A. form. We supply you with the DE964 form at the conclusion of your permit test. The TEA form is available at the attendance office of your school. TEA forms are only valid for 30 days, so be sure to test promptly after obtaining one. If your TEA form is obtained in the month of May, it is valid throughout the summer until school is back in session. If testing at the D.P.S. office, you will need to pick up your DE964 form after the third day of class and take with you for testing.